The West Elm store at the Oak Brook Center is looking to hire a part-time stylist. They are looking for someone who:
- Loves to sell, can articulate a proven ability to exceed selling goals & most importantly can close a sale
- Succeeds in a team environment, while able to work independently & manage your own time
- Enjoys being hands-on with product & functions well both in-store & in the customers’ home
- Recognizes that every customer has individualized needs & aesthetics & can cater your designs accordingly
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment & are constantly looking for ways to think outside-the-box
- Has an obsession for interior decorating, architecture, art, creativity, craft, artisans & neighborhood’s treasures
- Keeps their finger on the pulse of design trends both globally & in your local community
- Knows what questions to ask your customers in order to understand their personal style & needs
As part of the job and part of the company you will:
- Drive sales & achieve sales goals per hour, by connecting customers to you & West Elm
- Inspire associates & customers by connecting them to design trends, inspiration & local resources that reflect the eclectic, creative & modern spirit of the brand
- Develop & manage relationships with clients, designers, developers, local businesses & artisans
- Prioritize the customer & collaborate with your team to ensure adequate selling floor coverage during in-store or in-home appointments
- Discover each customers’ style by sparking conversation, sharing inspiration & consulting with them to learn how to bring their story to life
- Share decorating expertise & develop thoughtful space plans that fit the customers’ lifestyle
- Advise customers on where to access design resources for products & services that may be unavailable at west elm (wallpaper, appliances, re-upholsterer, etc)
- Share the stories, collaborations & craft behind our products to bring them to life for our customer
- Develop vision boards, Icovia floorplans & utilize Pinterest to help customers express their personal style at home
- Be held accountable for the following brand competencies: operates with strategic agility, drives innovation & change, provides influential leadership, communicates effectively, develops self & others, creates teams & partnerships, focuses on the customer, builds operational excellence and drives execution
Having at least 1-2 years schooling or experience in Interior Design or Furniture Design is appreciated as is an ability to work weekends and holidays and to travel to client homes. Pay is between $12 and $14, depending on experience. You should also have an ability to lift at least 75 lbs.
If this sounds like you, email your cover letter, resume, portfolio, and any other pertinent information (Instagram handle, blog address, Pintrest boards, ect.) to Amy Cappelletti.
Have a cool competition, job opportunity, or other design related news? Let us know! Email us and we’ll get it up on the blog!