The team at Amish Custom Kitchens is looking for someone join them as a Design Assistant. Amish Custom Kitchens, located in Chicago is looking for someone who:
- Has an Associates or Bachelors in Interior Design; a K&B certificate, CKBD, or AKBD designation a plus, but not required
- Has extensive 2D AutoCAD experience
- Is teamwork minded, a pro-active self starter, a no-drama attitude, and high integrity
- Has a valid drivers licence and is able to get to job sites
- Has a strong attention to detail
The job is full-time and would involve working closely with lead designers, preparing and organizing display materials before client meetings, overseeing residential kitchen and bath projects, and developing design plans. As well, this position has the candidate working closely with clients, taking measurements of the space, creating schedules and coordinating with the clients, and driving project progress with timeline management. Hours are flexible and this could be the perfect opportunity for someone who has previous design or cabinetry experience.
For questions or to submit your resume, please contact Maureen Bailey.
Have a cool competition, job opportunity, or other design related news? Let us know! Email us and we’ll get it up on the blog!