KDI is a commercial furniture dealership & interiors firm, servicing the Chicagoland Area & 33 states. KDI offers the services & products of an efficient, streamlined, dealership centered around our Client’s experience. At KDI we have a strong commitment to our clients, community & employees. Honesty, integrity & professionalism are our cornerstones & we are seeking a driven individual to join our growing team.
The intern position is a wonderful opportunity to receive project experience assisting on corporate and senior living projects through the below responsibilities:
• Assist in managing our vast library by organizing and filing materials
• Assist in researching products (furniture, finishes, hardware, art & accessories)
• Assist in maintaining database of various finish vendors
• Contribute, or otherwise assist, as required on any Interiors Team project
• Current student pursing a Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design (or COD 😉
• Possess an understanding of color basics, industry trends, new products, design process (including FF&E), color and materials
• Ability to read & understand architectural and interior design construction documents
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
When I received the above information, I asked a few questions. Here are the answers. I also responded that with a very high demand for help, most internships are now paid. She then asked me what interns might expect. I told her at least $12-14 per hour.
- When did you want the intern to start? ASAP
- Will it run through the entire semester – until mid-May? Yes, if they are a good fit then until mid-May that would be great.
- How many hours were you hoping they would be able to work per week? We are flexible, but we would like to have someone here half a day Monday through Friday if that is feasible.
- What is the hourly pay? Typically, our internships are non-paid.
For information, contact Krysta Iuro: Krystai@kdidesign.com or Ginny Russo: Ginny@kdidesign.com