Our friends over at OPTO International are looking for a designer to join their team! Located in Wood Dale, IL, they are a fast growing company focusing on retail design. The Contract Design Studio regularly visits their fantastic showroom to see the latest in retail fixture systems.
They are looking for an experienced retail designer with fresh ideas, creative curiosity, passion for design, problem solving skills, as well as people skills. As part of the position, you would be responsible for:
- New & Existing Account Development – Through professional and creative design
skills promote and secure sales of OPTO products and services
- Maintaining strong product line knowledge to match customer need with right
- Exuding a positive attitude and enthusiasm for success and influence other with this attitude
- Demonstrating a willingness to continually learn about the Retail Industry to better
understand and grow OPTO in that market place
- Ability to quickly interpret customer need and effectively communicate appropriate design solutions back both verbal & written as needed
- Ability to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and still maintain a sharp eye for detail
- Demonstrating effective stress management & time management skills
The job specifically deals with designing not only client retail spaces, but also designing fixtures, fixture layouts, visual merchandising, finish selection, finish schedules, estimates, creating design proposals, documentation, and BOMs, managing projects, and customer service.
The ideal candidate would posses the following:
- An Associate’s degree or higher in an arts or design field of study. Retail design is a
- A solid proficiency in 3D AutoCAD and strong understanding and ability to
implement basic design principles.
- An understanding of Adobe Creative Suite software, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and others a plus, but not required
- The ability to work successfully in a strong team environment
- The ability to communicate quickly, clearly, and effectively across multiple
departments and managerial levels
- The ability to quickly interpret customer need and effectively communicate
appropriate design solutions back both verbal & written as needed
- The ability to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision
- The ability to multi-task and still maintain a sharp eye for detail
- Spanish Speaking is a plus
- An understanding of what drives overall business and is accountable to prioritize and deliver quality results. Anticipates obstacles and takes action to prevent or minimize their impact.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please send your resume, and cover letter to Jamie Poulos.
Have a cool competition, job opportunity, or other design related news? Let us know! Email us and we’ll get it up on the blog!