The Chapter Scholarship for the Chicago Chapter of the NEWH is now open for entries. The scholarship can be used for both tuition and books. This can be both a great help for your wallet and your career, as you may be asked to attend an event to accept your award, letting you meet professionals in the Hospitality Industry.
There is no set amount for the award, but they did hand out over $55,000 last year. If you meet the following criteria, we highly encourage you to apply:
- Actively enrolled as either:
- A freshman or above in a 2 year program
- A sophomore or above in 4 year program
- Have a 3.0 GPA
- Have financial need as demonstrated through the college
- Must be enrolled in a major and have career objectives in a hospitality related field (Interior Design, Hospitality Management, Culinary, ect)
In addition, you will need to provide the following with your application:
- An Official Transcript
- Up to 3 Letters of Recommendation
- A 500 word (maximum) essay to address:
- Your background and experience
- Your goals and career objective
- Why do you want a career in Hospitality?
- Your leadership contributions to your school, program, or fellow students
- Why is obtaining this scholarship important to you?
- If you do not get this scholarship, what plans do you have for education financing?
We really do recommend that anyone who has an interest in the hospitality design industry apply. You can find the online application here, or download the PDF application here. Apply as early as possible, as the scholarship ends September 12th!
Have a cool competition, job opportunity, or other design related news? Let us know! Email us and we’ll get it up on the blog!